Electric Pressure Washer Care + Maintenance
How To Properly Store Your Pressure Washer
Once you have completed using your pressure washer for the day we recommend the following steps to keep it running
- When your pressure washer session has been completed, turn off the power switch. Unplug the power cord from the outlet. Turn off the water supply. Pull the trigger on the spray gun 2-3 seconds to drain out the excess water and to release any remaining water pressure. Do not allow the power washer to run with no water flowing through it.
- Remove high-pressure hose from spray gun and unscrew the other end of the high-pressure hose from the power washer.
- Remove lance from the gun. Place the gun in the holster on the side.
- Make sure to discard any remaining detergent from the tank. Residual chemical will stick to the container which could become contaminated and can cause the detergent injector to clog and not function properly. Flush the tank and nozzle head with clear water to prevent clogging.
- Wind the power cord around the L-shaped hooks located on the top of the machine
- The pressure hose is stored on the hose hook located on the back of the handle.
Storage In Freezing Temperatures
DO NOT store the power washer where it is exposed to freezing temperatures unless you use an antifreeze designed for pumps. Store the power washer indoors to prevent the water in the unit from expanding under freezing conditions. When the water freezes and expands, your power washer will
be damaged and become inoperable. Or, if storing outdoors, it is recommended you use pump saver (not included) to protect pumps.