Are you getting the most out of your pressure washer and pressure washer accessories? Even though your pressure washer products might be doing the job just fine, we want to make sure all of our users are getting the most out of their products.
So, we’ve compiled a list of a few things that can help you make your cleaning more efficient and more effective:
1. The gun nozzle supplied with the pressure washer provides optimum cleaning for universal cleaning applications if used properly.
2. Cleaning agents are most effective when the surface is rinsed first to loosen dirt. After pre-rinsing to loosen dirt, then clean with detergent.
3. Detergent should be applied from the bottom to the top of the washing area. Apply detergent and allow the detergent to react with the dirt, then rinse from the top to the bottom. This detergent applying and rinsing technique will help to avoid streaks and skips in the washing area.
4. Never use more detergent than is necessary to clean the surface and always follow directions supplied by the detergent manufacturer on the container.
5. For best spraying results, hold the gun 6-12” away from the washing surface and use long, slow deliberate side to side strokes, similar to using a paint sprayer. This technique will provide the most effective cleaning impact and minimize streaks and skips in the cleaning process. Waving the spray gun aimlessly across the surface wastes water and expensive detergent and prolongs the cleaning process.
6. If the pressure washer is used to apply wax, the gun should be held further from the surface to optimize the “misting” effect when applying the wax. For best results, follow the directions supplied by the wax manufacturer.
Hopefully these tips will help make your pressure washing experience quicker and more beneficial.